About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Friday, November 12, 2010


Did I ever mention how much I love donkeys?
Well,I do,and I think they're some of the most beautiful creatures in the world,and mostly I love their personality,because unlike many other creatures(humans included) they do have one..
In my Spanish Contemporary Literature class,we skimmed through some of the wonderful book "Platero And I" by the great great Juan Ramon Jimenez
This book is a poetic prose book,divided into small chapters,each chapter tells a story ; the narrator is the owner of Platero,and Platero is just a little silver-colored donkey!
It tells stories from life,simple scenes that could pass by like lightening every day but hold so much meaning,its sarcastic tone and strong language,amazing detailed description of the deepest feelings,incredibly strong structure,and genuine words ..all of that makes it too wonderful to describe,it is simply genius,for the first time in my life I read something NOT in Arabic that could touch my soul like that book did!
I haven't read all of it,but I'm working on that,it is not that hard but it still needs to be accompanied by a dictionary for me lol,but still I would like to finish it in Spanish..
So,I recommend recommend recommend! HERE read it and you will thank me later :D ;)

5 comments:

Bullet said...

Oh my God ! me too I love donkeys ! but i really dont know why their names was always used to relate to stupid deeds !
I don't understand where the donkey got his name from and why it means what it means !
ma 3layna ..

You just made me excited to read this book and it looks interesting(:
Inshallah I'll do the impossible to find a time to read it since it talks about sth we both like! lol .
Thank you ! (:

Rain said...

Seriously?lol,well that is a first because my friend toto is the only one I've met who loved them too :D
Try to read it,the nice thing about it is that every chapter is separated so you can start wherever you like and you can leave it and start else where
but don't start with the last one you'll be too sad T_T

thanks Bullet!

Haitham هيثم Al-Sheeshany الشيشاني said...

love donkeys! ,, ok I`m so unfollowing ,, lool (that goes 4 u too bullet)

H.

Rain said...

Haitham ana 5ls '3asalt eday minnak (-_-')

Haitham هيثم Al-Sheeshany الشيشاني said...

looooool