About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

My Blog List

Monday, January 16, 2012
Yesterday I took an interview at Jordan Times, I took an exam there on Saturday and they called me to do the interview, but I did not expect what happened! they told me they did not want translators (bummerT_T) but they did want me to train for three weeks as a reporter, starting a career in journalism.. I was surprised and reluctant at first, but then I thought this is a new experience! and journalism could be such a glorious one...it could change me..


But then again I've always loved and dreamed of being a translator, it never even occurred to me that I would do something else..


I don't know I'm still thinking about this...it's good that I have time to think about it...inshallah 5air


PS I don't know why I can't comment on stuff!..so sorry guys I promise I will reply as soon as I can :(

8 comments:

Yasmine At said...

You could do both:)

I had a three-week training course in Jordan Times, worked two years in journalism at The Star newspaper, and then worked in translation for a while. The thing is, journalism is amazing and it enables you to meet people from all walks of life and develop your personality. Either way, good luck.

نيسان said...

why not?

you are a natural writer and story teller.
translation will always be there , besides ;journalism is more fun :)

Dalia Starwalker said...

Journalism sounds great! I would do a degree in Journalism if could guarantee me a job somewhere, but the opportunities for Journalist is next to none.
Anyways, I truly wish you the best of luck in your new job.. Salam :)

Haitham هيثم Al-Sheeshany الشيشاني said...

go both streams :)
demanding but doable ..
الله يكتبلك الخير

Aseel said...

Rain, most journalists are translators or writers..

I have personal takes on why you shouldn't take it but its a great experience and if you don't like it you can quit it or keep looking for a desk job. and trust me it would sound interesting in your resume even if it was for a few days :)

at the end its your choice

Rana Al Sha'bani said...

Great chance.. of course take it why not?

Rana Al Sha'bani said...

google gives us a warning about "www.mayyasi.ws" so try to remove the link!!

Rain said...

Yasmine
Could you tell me more about it?how was it?

Naisaneh
Yeah I'm thinking the same,inshallah 5air ya rb, ed3eely <3

Dalia
Thank you so much sweetie :*

Haitham
You are right, but for once in my life I'll work hard for something and that's good :)

Asool <3
kefek?:)
I agree with you oltek wt the heck :)

Rana
inshallah, shokran 7beebty
I don't know I guess it's been marked as spam
bs I stopped getting that msg