About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Saturday, September 1, 2012
Since I got The Diary of a Young Girl last Wednesday I haven't been able to let go of it. I'm so engrossed in this book and so worried that will end at the same time. I don't want it to end for two reasons: first because I'm enjoying it so much and I haven't enjoyed a book this much since The Truce, I'm so worried because finishing the book would be like losing a friend. Second because I know Anne dies in the end, and because this book is her diary I feel like I know her, so I'm dreading the moment when she stops writing because they seize her and her family :( it will be awful I know. I realize this is weird but I can't help it.

It is so sad, so sad to read about all the heinous things done to Jews at that time, but each time I read about it I can't help but think of the things Zionists do to Palestinians..you would think that they know what it feels like to be subjected to such cruelty, but you'd be wrong.


Actually, before I started with this book I was reading another one; Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche, and I was really enjoying it, it was like a mental challenge for me to be honest (Nietzsche does not not exactly have the simplest style in writing) but I figured I needed a break from all that challenge! but I will definitely get back to it once I'm done with little miss Anne.

I will be back with a more thorough review..

0 comments: