About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Wednesday, September 26, 2012
I finished "The House of Spirits" last night

  • I loved and enjoyed it, but I was surprised it is more famous than "Te Daughter of Fortune" and "Evaluna," I thought these two books were way better.
  • I loved the main character Clara, but she did provoke me with her coldness some times.. I think I related to her a lot, especially in forgetfulness, absence of mind, spirituality...
  • I hated that the narrator changed a lot and with no prior notice, it bugged me.
  • I don't know why I was so touched and saddened by the last couple of chapters, they really made me cry.
  • Spoiler alert... When Clara died at the end I thought the book kinda lost its spirit, just like the house they lived in.
  • I normally prefer reading the book and not watch the movie, because I think the director and I usually have very different views on how characters look and act and how the atmosphere of the story changes. However, I'm curious to watch this, although not in a million years would I have imagined Meryl Streep as Clara or Winona Ryder as Blanca.
I'm going back to "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" with excitement!

0 comments: