About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

My Blog List

Saturday, February 9, 2013
Spoiler alert

I guess I never watched or read anything about Black people's slavery in particular before, this is why this movie was more painful than fun to watch for me. Don't get me wrong, the movie was amazing, Quentin Tarantino knows how to create those characters, and he never fails you with those intense action scenes and original twists. But I was just too occupied with the scenes depicting slavery, torture, and violence against black people, it was just too ugly to watch. 
Another thing, one of the main characters (one that I loved) dies, and I just could not get over that until the end of the movie. 
Like in all Tarantino's movies, I could not believe how great the soundtracks were, I am downloading them right now, and Leonardo Dicaprio's performance was outstanding to say the least. It was a good movie, but if you're a wuss like me don't watch it..

3 comments:

rose water said...

Assalaam Alaikum Rain!
I recently watched this omvie and was also very affected by the brutal scenes :-( I still think about them from time to time, but the movie was really great and I loved the music too! Wow. And I know; it was so sad when one of the main characters died :-( He did such a great job!

Have a nice day and thanks for the post.

Rain said...

Oh so it is not just me? by the way I searched if this mandingo game really existed, thank God it didn't!

rose water said...

Glad to hear that game didn't exist!! :-O But anyway people still do terrible things LIKE that to other people... Ya Allah.
<3