About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

My Blog List

Wednesday, February 20, 2013
I've just seen this image on 9gag. I like it, it is a funny way of looking at what happened this week.. but wait a minute, isn't there something missing? Why is the news about women wanting to pray on the "wailing wall" so important, while the story of a prisoner who has broken the world's record with the longest hunger strike ever for not just a sacred, but also a decades-old cause, not considered a main headline? I am not trying to say that women's rights are not a real or a significant cause, but I think that the records should be set straight when it comes to Al-Buraq wall before discussing stuff like who gets to pray there.. 
Why does the world not know about Samer al-Isawi? what are we doing wrong that the world does not even consider our suffering heroes a news worthy of mentioning? what went wrong?
We do not deserve a hero like Samer, and neither does this world.. 
May God be with you Samer, Ayman, and all heroes that perhaps the world has never and will never hear about..



2 comments:

EvaLuna said...

قضية سامر لفتت النظر لحالة القوادة الي عايشها العالم كله.

~تنهيدة~

Sonnet said...

ادعو الله يفك أسره عن قريب...أحداث العالم العربي و خاصة فلسطين حاليا هي الكاشفة