About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

My Blog List

Sunday, September 1, 2013
As Toto pointed out yesterday, I admit that I have lost faith in humanity. For a while now I have hated people so much.. I have been so mad, everything around me seems so ugly, people are closed, cruel, rude, stupid, brutal, evil.. everywhere I look I see dysfunctional societies or worse.. war. I keep thinking of a line from The Green Mile saying that all the ugliness in the world is like pieces of glass in my head all the time.. and "I'm tired of people being ugly to each other."

But that is not the point of my post today. Thankfully, at times I find some things that restore my faith in humanity, they make me smile like I haven't in a long time, and at times they make me cry, but in a good way.
One of these little things is a page on Facebook called Humans of New York, and even though I have never been to New York and perhaps I never will, I love to look at this page and read people's comments and what they have to say about their lives and about life in general.. it revives my faith in this world.. some people are still pure, you know? Gifted children, wise old women, sweet and polite young men, it is just a pleasure to look at their faces and get to know them.

Toto and her friend Nawaf started a page that is inspired by Humans of New York under the name Wast al-Balad, and I am sure it is going to be just as great, if not better. Visit it and I promise it will put a smile on your face.. and maybe restore your faith in humanity!

1 comments:

كعكي said...

Who is Toto
And mabrook you gonna get married... Cookies for me?