About Me

My photo
I long for freedom, and when I get it, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I will surely be happy.

My Blog List

Sunday, January 26, 2014
You see I know I've been neglecting you, my poor blog, but the thing is I've been suffering from a severe case of inspiration deficiency, this is why I'm a bit glad I'm changing jobs next week, although I'm freaking out inside my head, and I already miss working at Forbes, but I could really use a change of atmosphere and routine. Also, I hate when things go by undocumented, even if they're a bit monotonous.. okay I didn't realize I know this word but whatever.

Speaking of inspiration I heard all kinds of great things about this new animation movie Frozen, and I was excited to watch it cause it's been so long since I've seen a really good animation movie, but I was really disappointed, I didn't find it worthy of all the praise, and definitely not an academy award nomination, I thought it was a 'cute' movie at best, but not great that's for sure.. I mean Shrek is great, Finding Nemo is great, but Frozen? I don't think so. I didn't like the song either, which has gone super viral too. I hope The Croods wins, it was much better.

For a while now, my husband and I were hoping he could get a job in another country, but a couple of days ago we found out that it didn't work out. I'm just so disappointed and angry, not just because it was such a good opportunity for him to advance academically, but also because I am dying to get out of Jordan, I know this is SUPER selfish of me, I mean it should be about him and the opportunity he could have gotten, but I just need to miss Jordan, remember the good things about it, compare it to another thing, because these days I just can't stand it, it is going from bad to worse, everything around me makes me sick to my stomach, and I just want an opportunity to live in a better place.. or at least find out that I was wrong and that there is nothing like home.. I've just been feeling like the magic is gone, just sucked out of the world around me, and I really need to like and trust people again, you know? see people being nice to each other, people who are thoughtful, people who are smart, and people who aren't so god damn judgmental.

My next project: baking cookies. The other day it came up and an American friend said that this is the first thing American girls do with their moms, I told her the first thing we do is pick mulukheyeh, which is fun too but not as delicious. So, I decided to teach myself how to bake chocolate chip cookies. I'm following the Nestle recipe, but if anyone -ever- is still reading this and has a better recipe, please share. I will post pictures :)

Hmm, what else? Oh, anyone out there, if you haven't seen Gravity you NEEEED to watch it now, it is incredible and I hope Sandra Bullock gets an Oscar for it, she earned it. And also, the Desolation of Smaug was amazing. Oh and you know how much I love zombies, I have watched every single zombie movie or series out there, but this one "Warm Bodies" blew me away, cause I never thought of zombies this way, I absolutely loved it and I think I'm gonna be more compassionate with zombies from now on :P


That's it I guess. I really don't have anything to say, but I hate seeing my archive all empty with nothing but the photographic diary posts, I'm thinking I should stop them at least for a while cause I have the feeling they are making me take photos of things instead of writing about them, which is not really bad, but I do wanna write sometimes.. I need to!

Note: On my first day at work I had to go there and go back home and then I lost my phone in the cab and went over to my in laws' house (woke them up in the morning) to call my husband and tell him to call my phone and take it from the cab driver. This is NOT my day -_-

Here is a song that I love:


1 comments:

Farhan Jalil said...

I plan on watching frozen soon since it's a mega boxoffice hit. Try watching WRECK IT RALPH. amazing animated movie